Monday, April 20, 2009

The Day of the HardMen... Not!

Well this weekend didn't go quite as planned... Finally a Saturday/Sunday without a Race on the schedule. Saturdays Race Ride I could ride hard and not worry about the next day. There had been smack talk flying around about how the Race Ride has gotten soft.... SOFT? Talk about the "Good Old Days"... Why is it always about the good old days? Talk about how Steve Larsen use to make the Race Ride Hard... Well Duh! Steve, would go to the front and not back down. Wasn't to concerned about someone coming around him and taking a pull. It just became your job to hang on if you could. Yeah! The Good Old Days... Anyway back to my bad day... We were on the rollers on English Colony, and I thought it would be a good time to go. Well as I powered up the first roller I heard a loud pop! Didn't at the time think much of it so I charged on. As we neared Cantelow we had a small gap on the chasing group. That's when I looked down and saw I had broken a front spoke! Crap! Day over... Done. So I pulled up and stopped. The wheel had a good wobble to it, but not enough to stop me from getting home. So I just turned around, and rode back to Davis. Earlier you had heard me mention about the complaint that the ride had gotten SOFT! Well we had decided to add the last sprint of the Tues/Thurs night ride to the end of the Saturday ride. So thinking this would be cool to see the finish of this new addition. I rode over to the end of Old Davis road to watch the HardMen come in. Well as they came into sight, and to my surprise the Hardmen consisted of Rich and Liz... Chris B... and David H. ???? I guess we'll need to work on Harding up the rest of the group!

Ciao and Out...

No comments:

Post a Comment